Grower (Full Time)
Devan Greenhouses is a wholesale and retail greenhouse in Abbotsford, BC, producing a wide variety of potted plants for our garden center as well as for customers and other greenhouses throughout Canada. We grow a full range of
annuals, perennials, herbs, vegetables, and tropicals in our production facility.
We are looking for a dedicated and hardworking grower to join our greenhouse production team. The grower will coordinate with managers, the production team, and other growers to complete all growing-related tasks needed to produce high quality crops.
- Maintain irrigation, fertilizers, and climate for each crop’s specific needs.
- Monitoring for pest and disease, recording and reporting daily. When necessary, taking appropriate actions using both biological and chemical measures.
- Maintaining detailed records of all growing activities, regularly logging problems and solutions.
- Monitoring and managing crop nutrient requirements daily as well as ensuring optimal growing environments (temperature, light, space).
- Care of plants including: cutting, picking, irrigation, weed control and cleaning of bays
- Evaluate plant health and growth rates, adjusting feeding schedules.
- Inspecting growing equipment, ensuring regular maintenance is being performed.
- Applicants must have at least 2-5 years growing experience in a production greenhouse or successful completion of a horticultural diploma program.
- Must be familiar with Argus or similar climate control systems.
- A valid pesticide applicator certificate or license.
- Tractor and forklift experience.
- Proven understanding of horticultural techniques and plant health.
- Working knowledge of agricultural and greenhouse equipment.
- Strong decision making, judgement, time management and recordkeeping skills.
- Legally permitted to work in Canada.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team; listen well and follow direction.
- Able to work in a fast paced, time-sensitive environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with co-workers, management, and other industry professionals.
- Fluent in written and verbal English.
- Must have own transportation.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent