Devan Greenhouses is a wholesale and retail greenhouse in Abbotsford producing a wide variety of potted plants for our garden center as well as customers throughout Canada. We grow a full range of annuals, perennials, herbs, vegetables, and tropicals in our production facility.
We are looking for a dedicated and hardworking grower to join our greenhouse production team. The grower will coordinate with manager, production team and other growers to complete all growing related tasks needed to produce high quality crops.
- Maintain irrigation, fertilizers, and climate for each crop’s specific needs.
- Monitoring for pest and disease. Recording and reporting daily. When necessary, taking appropriate actions using both biological and chemical measures.
- Maintaining detailed records of all growing activities, regularly logging problems and solutions.
- Monitoring and managing crop nutrient requirements daily as well as ensuring optimal growing environments (temperature, light, space).
- Care of motherplants including, cutting, picking, irrigation, weed control and cleaning of bays
- Evaluate plant health and growth rates and adjusting feeding schedules.
- Inspecting growing equipment, ensuring regular maintenance is being performed.
- Applicants must have at least 2-5 years growing experience in a production greenhouse or successful completion of a horticultural diploma program.
- Must be familiar with Argus or similar climate control systems.
- A valid pesticide applicator certificate or license.
- Tractor and forklift experience.
- Proven understanding of horticultural techniques and plant health.
- Working knowledge of agricultural and greenhouse equipment.
- Strong decision making, judgement, time management and recordkeeping skills.
- Legally permitted to work in Canada.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team; listen well and follow direction.
- Able to work in a fast paced, time-sensitive environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with co-workers, management, and other industry professionals.
- Fluent in written and verbal English.
- Must have own transportation.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Please submit your resume below.
We thank all applicants, but only those qualified for the position will be contacted.
Interested in joining are team? Apply below, we look forward to hearing from you!